Identity Theft Shield

Membership Is Available

Monday, May 17, 2010

Donovan Throws Hat Into State AG Race

Staten Island District Attorney Dan Donovan officially announced Sunday his intentions to become the state's next attorney general. The Republican announced his candidacy in Manhattan, after receiving Mayor Michael Bloomberg's endorsement. Donovan then took the Staten Island ferry back to his home district to celebrate with local supporters. "He was my chief of staff for years, did a great job, so I'm filled with joy today, filled with absolute joy watching this man, he'd be one hell of a great Attorney General," said former Staten Island Borough President Guy Molinari. "I was concerned about how Staten Island would feel about me pursuing something where I feel I have a calling to do, and I didn't want Staten Island to feel I was abandoning them," Donovan said. State Senator Eric Schneiderman and Assemblyman Richard Brodsky are among those running on the Democratic side. Current Attorney General, Andrew Cuomo is expected to run for governor.

No comments: